Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Harry Potter 'Hedwig' card

Here is one of the cards that I made, what is now, weeks ago! Finally used the Harry Potter themed acrylic stamps bought from the NEC last November (just in time before the next visit!)


It is quite a simple card, started with a craftwork cards A5 scalloped white card blank. I used my favourite 'stormy sky' distress ink to colour the background, carefully trying to blend the ink to make sure there wasn't any lines. I then used my 'chipped sapphire' distress ink, alongside the 'indigo blu' stamps to create the design at the bottom of the card using the 'friend' message & the 'arch window' stamp. I also added the dark blue organza ribbon for the bow down the spine of the card.

The main topper needed a bit more work, but was definitely worth it (I think so anyway...)

I wanted to stamp the main owl image onto acetate so that I could use gilding flakes behind it but my black stazon ink pad was short of ink. To solve this problem, I used my versamark ink and then embossed it with a black embossing powder from 'Heat It Up!' that I've had for years. I then used a double sided adhesive sheet to prepare the acetate for the gilding flakes. I then cut the image out, leaving a small border, and attached it to my card using foam pads.

All in all, I think it's a beautiful card, that was fairly simple to create with a beautiful set of stamps!

No comments:

Post a Comment