Thursday, August 8, 2013

Soft Kitty

I've been busy in the craft room this week and my newest card is this pastel coloured beauty!!! I don't work with pastel colours very often but I think they suit this super cute Saturated Canary image.


I started by choosing my striped backing paper so that I could match all of the other colours to it. It's a paper from a Papermania 6x6 'spots & stripes' paper pack. I then had some Create & Craft pastel glitter card that was a bargain from Wilko's a few months/years ago and has never been used so I matched this to the colours of the striped paper. I cut the glitter card into 9cm squares and attached this into the corners of an 8x8 white base card using rulers to try and get them as straight as possible. I put 3d foam into the white spaces between the glitter card to attach the backing paper so that I didn't have to worry about it not sticking to the glitter. I then chose my Promarker colours to again match the papers, using Buttercup, Orchid, Pastel Pink & Mint Green as the main colours to colour the fabulous Saturated Canary image (I love every image on that site). After colouring the image, I trimmed it leaving a small white border and attached it to the card. I then added the double layered Prima flower into the mint green corner. I finished the card by stamping the bunting from Little Claire stamps onto some scrap card and then colouring with the same 4 promarkers. I glued it onto some thin white string and then hung it from the card, sticking it behind the pink glitter card.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Creative Inspirations 'something old & something new' (new bunting stamps, old glitter card)

10 comments:

  1. lovely sweet card, thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card, love the pastel colour palette. Thanks for joining us at PolkaDoodles this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - gorgeous soft colours and adorable image.
    Thanks for playing along with us at PTW this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those candy colours! Thanks for joining in with us at polkadoodles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's a beautiful card, Vikki! Thanks for playing along with us.
    Asha - PolkaDoodles DT
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card & I lurve the pastel colours.
    Thank you for playing along with us over at Saturated Canary, hope you will join us again hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card! I love the colour combo you've used.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!
    ~ Crystal (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card,great image and super colours. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew on our Banner challenge Hugs Txx DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Sweet image and lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete