Sunday, January 19, 2014

Rock God!

Today's card uses a few old favourites that I always know I'll use at some point and one of those things that I should use more often but just don't seem to!


The background card is an 8x8 base card, inked with 'tea stain' distress ink. The 2 backing papers are both from DCWV 'Rockstar' 8x8 & matstack pads. Rockstar was my first DCWV stack and it is still my favourite. I use it for so many scrapbook pages too. The topper is printed from 'Just Ink'lined' best of 2012 cd-rom which is a disk I've has since the end of 2012 but don't use that often. This topper was perfect for what I wanted though.


I coloured it with mainly Spectrum Noirs today but with an odd bit of Promarker. I wanted to make the topper look as if the posters & drum kit were old & the guitar was the shiny new toy so after colouring the posters & drum kit using slightly subtle shades, I went over the top of it all with a light brown to tone down all of the colours and add that vintage look. I then coloured the guitar in a totally different colour palette and added some glossy accents to the body of the guitar.


I used 1 8x8 DCWV paper as the background and then trimmed down a matstack piece for the element in the corner. I wanted to pick out the 'rock and roll' part of the paper so I glued it with a quickie glue pen and then foiled it. This is something I've tried before on a scrapbook page and it worked really well.

I tore the edge of the topper and inked it with 'tea stain' distress ink too before using 3d foam to add it to the card.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Polkadoodles Digi Choosday 'for the boys' 23/1
Clear It Out '2+ papers' 21/1
Creative Inspirations 'anything goes' 21/1

No comments:

Post a Comment