Thursday, February 19, 2015

Congratulations

I've been busy crafting today making a card to celebrate an engagement of 2 people I work with. It's a bit of a different card style for me but I really like it and think I will be making more like this. It was super quick too.


I started with a 6x6 white card blank and a circle clarity stencil. I placed the stencil onto the edge of the card and secured it with low-tack tape, making sure to cover the other parts of the stencil so I didn't accidentally get ink on other parts. The danger with this very simple kind of card is that any mistake would be really obvious!

I inked the circle using 'squeezed lemonade' distress ink and then inked only the edges using 'worn lipstick'. Where the 2 colours have blended, a really nice orange colour has been made. I used a Clarity Stamps 'Wee Folk' stamp to stamp the couple silhouette into the circle. I then used my Cricut Explore to cut the message from black card and stuck it onto the base card.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
CRAFT 'CAS' 25.2
That Craft Place 'film inspired' 28.2 (the focus colour around the couple reminds me of the end of a rom-com just as the screen goes to the credits and turns black)
Craft Your Passion 'anything goes' 22.2
Daring Cardmakers 'L.O.V.E.' 20.2 (One Layer for a Valentines Engagement- O.L.V.E- spelling never is my strong point!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, Vikki, there is no picture of your card (which sounds awesome!) just a blank square with a 'no entry' sign in grey! :( You may need to reload it, I think (but don't quote me, I'm not a techie!) I'll pop back tomorrow - i'm on the C.R.A.F.T DT and it would be a shame if your card can't be entered into the Challenge!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete