Monday, June 3, 2013

Owl shaped card

A couple of weeks ago I went to the 'Sincerely Yours' show in Lincoln and was really impressed by the 'House of Zandra' stand. I've already bought the 'Fabulous Fashion' cd-rom from C&C so wanted to look at the ideas of how to use it. I ended up buying some brilliant templates that I can't wait to use- no time at the moment though! They did have a great idea for unusual shaped cards by cutting 2 pieces of card in the same shape and then folding the back piece at the top and attaching that to the front piece- certainly the easiest way I've seen of joining an unusual shaped card and great for using with the cricut (much easier than welding an image anyway). This is one of the first cards I've made...


I used my cricut 'Create a Critter' cartridge to cut the owl twice out of dark brown card. I creased a fold into the top of the back piece and used strong double sided tape to attach it to the front piece and make my card stand up. I then used papers from the DCWV 'Girlhood' stack to cut the decorative layers & a scrap of yellow card for the beak & claws. I used double sided tape to layer up the different aspects of the card.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Songbird 'all creatures great & small'
Paper Shelter 'shape it up'

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card, thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Shelter shaped card challenge.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shaped card. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week. Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a cute card. I love the owl shape!!

    Thank you for joining us in the Songbird Challenge Blog.

    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete