Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sincerely Yours, Lincoln- Oct 2012

I went to the Lincoln Sincerely Yours show at the weekend (again) and, as usual, for the very small £3 pre-booked entry fee, it was a great show. Not as many stands there this time as there was apparently another show in Doncaster on the same day where lots of the bigger companies were. I still managed to buy quite a few things though and have finally given in to the fact that I NEED a grand calibur.

I got the chance to see a Sizzix Big Shot at work and it was able to do most of the things I'm looking for. I don't need a machine that cuts as i have the cricut but want something to emboss with so that I can get more use out of my stencils (both brass & plastic). The Big Shot did this but because of the small plate size, I would only be able to emboss on my 6x6 cards. This is why I've now decided that a grand calibur is the way forward.

So, I get home and check out the C&C website only to find that, for the first time ever, they don't actually have a grand calibur in stock! I'm hoping that there will be some in soon (at a great deal of course) or if not, hopefully I can get a bargain when I go to the NEC next month. If anyone knows of a great grand calibur deal, let me know!

I did get 5 new distress inks in the new colours- gathered twigs (woody brown), peacock feathers (a beautiful turquoise), squeezed lemonade (pale yellow), seedless preserve (plumy purple) & shaded lilac (lilac/pale blue). Not had the chance to use any yet but half term is almost here!

Also added a few more plastic 6x6 stencils to my ever growing collection- some pretty flowers, a fab owl on a tree, snowflakes, poinsettia, santa in his sleigh & a nativity scene with the 3 kings on camels & the stable. This is why I now need a grand calibur!

Also picked up some good ideas for using card candi which was handy as I got a nice e-mail from QVC today telling me that my next instalment of the card candi goody box auto delivery is on the way! I will post some pictures when I finally get round to making something with them!

NEC is only a couple of weeks away so I'm hoping to pick up some more great ideas, as well as a few new products, there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment