Sunday, September 8, 2013

Don't Blink...

I've been waiting patiently (or not) for the Melt Pot I ordered to arrive all the way from America since the start of August, and it's finally here. I've tried melting normal embossing powders in it but it doesn't seem to be working for me (anyone got any tips) and I've only got 1 colour of UTEE, so I've only been able to make one more Doctor Who card to add to my collection. The 'Weeping Angels' are my favourite Doctor Who monster though so I've been dying to make this card...


I made the angels first by melting Platinum UTEE in my Melt Pot and then pouring it into my Weeping Angel silicone mould (from Lakeland- meant to be for baking). When they were cool, I removed them from the mould and rubbed the top with a little gilding wax. The background of the card is made on an 8x8 white card blank and the scene is die-cut using an x-cut die set. I stamped the message 'Don't Blink' in a mixed font to match the Tardis & Dalek card I had made previously. The UTEE toppers are very light so I simply attached them to the card with red super sticky tape.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Creative Card Crew 'things with wings'
Challenges 4 Everybody 'anything goes'

2 comments:

  1. Great card and. Thanks for Joining us at Creative Card Crew!
    Hugs, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card great ideaa.Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew for our With wings challenge hugs txx (DT)

    ReplyDelete