Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My first alcohol ink card

This is the first card I made having received my alcohol inks from the papercrafts.tv website.


I started by using a beautiful Kanban snowflake stamp (from a previous qvc t.s.v.), inking with a dazzle versamark ink and then clear silver pearl embossing powder over the top. I then used a mix of blue shades of the alcohol inks and the blending solution to create the distressed style pale blue background. The gorjuss girls decoupage (hobbycraft sale- january 2011) matched perfectly and I then used my black promarker to make the peel-off message black rather than silver. When I placed the message on the card it wasn't quite central so I used the star peel-off to make it look a little more even. I am going to need to put an insert inside the card as the alcohol inks have bled through the front of the card quite a lot. Next time I'll probably do it on seperate card and mount it to my blank to avoid this.

No comments:

Post a Comment