Thursday, August 25, 2011

Winter trees alcohol ink technique card


This is another card i've made using my new alcohol inks. On this one, i've used the inks for 3 different techniques. I started by creating the background for the stamping by using 4 different shades of blue alcohol ink and putting a few drops of each into a shallow bowl of water. I then laid my card into the water and let it sit for a few seconds. I carefully took the card out of the water and left it to dry and that gave me the shades of blue wintery background. While that was drying, I used the same colours of alcohol inks, with blending solution added, to colour the white snowflake peel-offs and also the white organza ribbon. When my background was dry I used Kanban christmas stamps for the trees and deer images, simply stamping with a black memento ink pad. I matted the topper on plain silver foil card and added the snowflakes before attaching the topper so that some of the snowflakes were partially hidden. The ribbon was simply knotted and then the ends cut into a point by folding the ribbon in half and then cutting at an angle. It took a while but I love it's simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment