Sunday, August 21, 2011

North West England- Inspirations, Preston

o.k., having been many times to the Kanban outlet in Yorkshire, I have always hoped that Hunkydory would do something similar. Having checked their website (many times!) it seems that they do not but 'Inspirations' is advertised as their 'flagship' store. On the way back from Blackpool, we decided to pop in and have a look.

The place was pretty easy to find being just off the main A6 road although which way to get into the car park was a bit complicated. It certainly looked impressive from the outside being situated in a large warehouse style building.

On walking in, I was pleased to see that the interior was really neatly layed out and it was a bright, neutrally decorated shop. A few small sofas were there for the men folk to sit on and tea & coffee making facilities were at the back of the store if they were in for a long wait!

The stock was certainly comprehensive. As expected, there were many Hunkydory products in the store but also Cricut, Flowersoft, Tim Holtz/Ranger, Dreamweaver stencils & pastes, peel off stickers, Papermania, Polka Doodles cd-roms, wide range of 12x12 papers as well as basics like card, envelopes & cello bags. For those people who don't only make cards/scrapbook, there was also wool & jewellery making stuff. There was also a section of 'gifts'- ready made things as well as cards, wrapping paper etc.

The only negative I had about the place was the prices. I'm always on the look out for a bargain and want to pay the least I can for what I want (then I can buy something else!). Most of the things that they had, I had seen, or bought, cheaper elsewhere. We ended up leaving having not bought anything!!!

Maybe I've just got too much stuff already???

No comments:

Post a Comment