Wednesday, November 9, 2011

NEC goodies!!!

Just a quick post about the lovely new stuff I bought from the NEC at the weekend and some new recommendations of people to buy that stash from!!!

ENVELOPES!!!
I always get most of my envelopes from the NEC as you get a wide selection and usually some special offer prices too! 'A Touch of Craft' is always my first choice as you can mix and match all of their envelope packs and get 5 for £5. They usually have a good selection of colours but really excelled themselves this year with some beautiful pearlescent envelopes that match perfectly to the card I am using for some wedding invitations. 30 for £2 was a bargain too!

Embossing Powders!!!
The WOW! embossing stand http://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/ also had a proper bargain! 12 christmas coloured embossing powders in a case £5. They sell for £15 on their website!
WOW! Christmas Embossing Kit

RIBBON!!!
The 'PolkaDoodles' stand http://www.polkadoodles.co.uk/ had some truly beautiful ribbon this year with one inparticular being very punk inspired and just my sort of thing. At £2.75 for 2 metres it's pretty expensive but a-may-zing! Black background, red, white & blue stars, tattoo style hearts & skulls!!! It's available on the 'woven ribbon' section of their website if you want to take a look!
Punk Rock Woven ribbon 1m

DCWV stacks!!!
These are my ultimate weakness but a bit difficult to find at the show. Not many people seem to stock them now and unfortunately I have no idea who I actually bought it from but it is beautiful. Foiled, glittered, spiders, ravens, haunted houses...   It is going to be perfect for my zombie cards when I finally get round to making some more!

La Pashe!!!
I also picked up a brilliant cd-rom called 'The Big One' which contains pretty much all of the 'La Pashe' designs available e.g. flippin', trinitage, framin; and wacky wheels designs. It also has some that are exclusive to the cd too e.g. flippin' men santa claus. It was only £8.99 and means that I can print as many as I need of each of their designs. Major Bargain!!!

HARRY POTTER!!!
I love Harry Potter (esp. Ron!) and was so excited to see (and buy!) a fabulous stamp set by a brand called 'IndigoBlu' www.indigoblu.com/?p=330 They are called 'Hocus Pocus' and include a beautiful owl in front of a castle design, a raven on a pile of books, a hooded figure looking out of a gothic style arch and a spider hanging from it's web, as well as 2 phrase/messages. They are unmounted stamps and in total are about A5 size. They cost £12.99 and are incredibly strokeable!

Templates/Stencils!
I really wanted to buy some nice 6x6 stencils at the show but luck was not with me- don't go to the NEC on a Sunday! Unfortunately the 2 designs I really wanted from the A1 crafts http://www.a1crafts.co.uk/ stand had already sold out but I will hopefully be ordering them from their website soon, so will then blog to let you all know what sort of service they provide!

The only disappointment of the day was the Create & Craft stand where big signs advertised cricut cartridges for £15- none left by Sunday!

I suppose I can't have everything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment