Monday, November 28, 2011

Rustic Christmas Tree & Reindeer

This card is one of my latest creations using some Kanban toppers and a Tim Holtz embossing folder that I bought from the NEC.

I started with a brown/gold pearlescent A4 card that came from my local Papermill shop (before it closed), which I folded in half to make an A5 base card. The topper was started with a 6x6 core'dinations card which is actually black with a green back. I used the green side and started by using my new Tim Holtz embossing folder to put the trees onto one side. I don't actually have an embossing machine but with a small wooden rolling pin (less than 50p from Wilko's) and a bit of brute force, you can create the same effect without the expensive machinery!


The reindeer topper and message topper came from a Kanban kit bought from Ideal World/Create & Craft. Both pieces were originally white with the gold embossing and were from a kit that contained toppers you could colour yourselves. I used my 'Walnut Stain' distress ink to colour both of the toppers and also to create a border on the green embossed card. The final element was the ribbon which was from an Anita's sticky ribbon set. The topper and the message were then simply mounted with 3d foam.

A simple card but an effective one I think, fitting in with a modern country/rustic feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment