Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hunkydory- A Sparkling Season

Haven't had the chance to post for a while as I've been really busy sewing & selling at some local Christmas craft fairs so I'm going to try and make up for it a bit with more posts than usual for a while (hopefully).

Months ago, I got the Hunkydory 'A Sparkling Season' kit from C&C. There was a topper kit with shaped cards as the main pick of the day, but I also bought the inserts set & 6x6 papers. So far, I've only used elements from the inserts and topper kit but I haven't used them exactly as expected (of course). I've got much better value out of them!

I've made about 6 cards so far-
All of them are made using the inserts which I have cut in half with my paper trimmer. The left hand side of the insert has been trimmed and then mounted onto mirror paper/card before being placed onto an A5 card blank. This has created my own backing paper which I have embellished with glitter, foil & pearlescent glue drops (to look like snow). I've then added toppers from the main kit and peel-offs (coloured with promarkers) from my crafty stash. The first card has some stamped houses added to the bottom of the card which are from a Kanban mini stamp set that was part of an old qvc kit.

I then used the right hand side of each insert (the side with the message on) as an inner for each card. I again trimmed the paper insert, mounted it onto mirror paper/card and then layered onto the inside of the card. This meant that both the inner and the outer of the card was made with just one insert and they co-ordinate perfectly.
This is the outside (left) and inside (right) of the pink fairy/angel card,

and this is the same for the Santa & Rudolph card.

The pack of inserts had about 40 in it for about £10 which is great when I'll be able to make at least 40 cards out of it just by adding a few toppers from the main kit. I haven't even started on the 6x6 papers yet but they have some beautifully foiled designs that can almost just be stuck straight onto a card, add a message & it's done.

A great kit, that's a little bit different in style and a bargain (my 2 favourite things!)

No comments:

Post a Comment