Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cute nativity card

This is one of my latest cards ready for the festive season! This card brings together a selection of products both old and new, but all fabulous of course!



I started with the topper idea and the background design is from a Joanna Sheen 'Messy Rabbit' paper pad bought from the NEC craft show a few years ago. The nativity scene toppers are cut from the 'Winter Frolic' cricut cartridge. I have previously used a cricut 'Paper Doll' cartridge to create nativity scenes but these ones have a cuter feel, which I really like. I've had the cartridge a while but this is the first time I've used it. It was a purchase from Create & Craft with my £10 club members discount from joining so was a good price. The toppers were easy to construct although you did have to cut some pieces that you didn't actually need to get the colours right, especially on my 'Joseph'.

 








I mounted the topper element onto some gold, matte, mirror card to provide some stability for the easel style card. The final aspect was to create the barrier to stop the card from closing and I really wanted to use a Christmas message peel-off by Little Claire designs bought from the Lincoln Craft show. I wanted to use the peel-off saying 'Jesus is the Reason for the Season' to fit with the nativity card but I only had it in silver. THANK GOD FOR PRO-MARKERS!!! I used my new 'indigo' promarker to colour the peel-off and then cut a circle mat, in the same gold mirror card as the topper mat, to mount it onto.


It was a little fiddly, placing the central elements back into the peel-off but a good pokey tool & a steady hand saved the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment