Sunday, October 23, 2011

Floral cards



















These are 2 floral themed cards that I made for some people I work with. I am in charge of providing the birthday cards for the staff birthdays and I really enjoy trying to make something for a specific person, thinking about what they will like best.

The card on the left was inspired by the background paper which is a 12x12 by Cosmo Cricket that I got from Sir Stampalot in Peterborough. After looking at the shape of the flowers on the paper, I knew that I had some white fabric flowers in that shape (I think that they came from Wilko's in their home decoration range- I tend to get them in their bargain section when they change colour themes as the season changes). I found a selection of pro-markers that matched the colours of the background paper and then coloured the edges and centres of the flowers to match the background. I then used some papermania brads as the centres of the flowers, and glued them onto the card in a L shape.

The card on the right gave me the perfect excuse to use my new 'Flower Shoppe' cricut cartridge, bought from Oyster Stamps at the Lincoln Showground, Sincerely Yours show, the other weekend. The lady that this card is for, is what I would describe as 'edgy' (tatoos, red hair) and I wanted to make something feminine but a little bit different too. I found some 12x12 papers that I have had for a while, originally bought for a Take That scrapbook before I changed my mind, that had a red, white & blue colour palette with a stars design. I used one of these papers for the background of the card, mounting it onto white, and then used the other parts to cut out the flowers. I also used a cream with navy stripes paper, as I felt this would add an unusual touch. The Flower Shoppe cartridge allows you to cut 4 layers for each flower design but I only used 2 layers for each of the flowers at the base of the card. Papermania & HOTP brads were used for the flower centres, alongside a metal flower charm on the largest design. The flower in the top, right hand corner, of the card was made from one of the Flower Shoppe centres. I rolled the paper strip, glueing it at the beginning and end, and then when dry, squashing the edges to show the pattern. A large red gem was added to the centre to complete the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment