Thursday, October 27, 2011

'Thriller' zombie card

I had a shopping trip to Lincoln on Monday, and although I was very disappointed at the lack of shoes and nice clothes, I did get 2 very fabulous books from Waterstones' halloween range! They both gave me some great card inspiration.

One of them is a book called 'Zombie Felties' and gives you templates for making your own zombie soft toys. The templates are, of course, also perfect for using with paper & card. My favourite design is a Michael Jackson 'thriller' zombie, so I used this as my inspiration for my first zombie card.


The backing paper came from 12x12 sheet made up of 4 6x6 panels and was called 'Thriller' by Rusty Pickle. Both zombie characters were made using the templates from the book and a collection of scrap card pieces, beads, sequins and some Ikea string coloured with a black promarker. I also used my new promarker 'fine-tips' for the first time today to add detail to my zombies and it worked really well.


On a recent visit to Hobbycraft, I picked up a halloween 'confetti' bag consisting of embossed and die-cut skulls and ravens. They were just 99p for a large bag and the raven added a perfect spooky touch, sitting on top of the gravestone.


When it came to putting the topper onto the card, I chose to use an 8x8 scalloped card and added the star stamping just to create that extra bit of detail. I used a 'black soot' distress ink to keep that vintage/gothic type of look.

No comments:

Post a Comment