Thursday, August 23, 2012

Skater Boy

Back in May, I picked up a reduced price stamp from one of the stands at the Sincerely Yours papercraft show in Lincoln. It was in a design style that I'd not seen before but knew instantly was just my sort of thing. It is by a company called 'The Greeting Farm' who are US based but they are available on a few UK websites (unfortunately I have no idea who I bought it from). The stamp is called 'Skater Ian' and is part of a range called 'Anya & Ian'- a set of boy & girl stamps in various situations e.g. surfer, teacher, wild west etc.

This is the first card I've made with the stamp and found it a great design to decoupage and a great opportunity to use my Spectrum Noir pens properly. Decoupaging the design meant that I had some extra unseen pieces to practise on too!
I stamped the image 4 times using a black Memento ink so that it would not run as I used my Spectrum Noir alcohol ink pens. I tried out various colour combinations and blending techniques on the lower hidden layers until I was happy to work on the layer that would be seen. I found it easiest to blend the colours by covering the whole area with the lightest colour first and then using the 1 or 2 darker shades to put in the shadow. After colouring, I cut out and layered up the image using foam pads (poundland special!).

The backing paper is from the 'Teenage Dream' stack by DCWV and already had a skater image inside the shield design, where I placed my topper. The backing paper was a flat design so I used my Sakura Clear Glaze pen (#800) to go over the multi-coloured shield image just to lift it slightly.

A simple card but the fabulous stamp makes it different to many other cards out there. Definitely a range of stamps I'll be looking out for again.

No comments:

Post a Comment