Thursday, August 2, 2012

We R Memory Keepers 12x12 ringbound album & McFly signed album


 
















These are the lovely WRMK 12x12 ringbound albums that I have recently bought from the Craft Superstore website. They are leather covered (not real I don't think) with metal corners for extra protection. They are currently at the reduced price of £24.99 and in my opinion they are worth every penny. The actual front is larger than 12x12 because the inside rings are large meaning that lots of pockets can be added. Each one comes with 10 page protectors and they are very thick and great quality.

The colours I have shown here are offically named as 'grape soda' (purple), 'kiwi' (green), 'aqua' (blue) & 'orange soda' (orange). Your orange soda one will not arrive with McFly signatures on the front of it!!!

The best thing about these albums is that as well as the normal 12x12 pockets, you can get a whole range of different pockets for different photo layouts. I've got some that hold 6 6x4 photos in either portrait or landscape orientation. There are lots of other options available for larger format photos too.

 

I go to lots of concerts/gigs particularly Take That, McFly & Westlife [ :-( ] and I take lots of photos so the orange, blue & green albums are being dedicated to those pictures. I've only got the orange McFly one done so far as I was lucky enough to go and meet them just over a month ago and that's how I got it signed! I won't post all the pictures (there's too many) but here's a few examples of what I've done.


This was the first ever McFly gig I went to and the album it was for had a beachy theme so I used some DCWV sand 12x12 paper and plain blue textured cardstock that I distressed slightly. The surfboards were cut from another DCWV 12x12 sheet. The page header is a replica of the McFly logo (of the time) again using the same sand & blue papers. The tickets are made on the same blue cardstock, stamped with some lovely Kanban stamps in a distress ink (stormy sky I think).
  

These pages are again based on a DCWV 12x12 page that has the turquoise bricks and graffiti at the bottom. It came from the Teenage Dream stack. I continued the graffiti style by simply using a black biro to recreate the McFly logo & microphone image (after tracing it first!). The photos were simply mounted into a deep turquoise card that I had distressed with Black Soot distress ink. I again used my Kanban ticket stamp as a place to put the date, location etc.


Another simple layout here again based on a 12x12 DCWV paper. This gig was in Sherwood Forest so I wanted to show that in the page. I used a pine tree Kanban stamp and some brown distress ink to create the layered look in the corner and then used some very small SeeD's stamps to create the McFly logo. I made myself a stencil of the shape I wanted and then used 2 small pine needle stamps with both brown & green distress inks to go through the space- it worked really well.


This is my favourite of all my McFly pages, as it is one where I've been a bit more creative rather than just using a paper that already suited what I needed. This tour was called 'Keep Calm and Play Louder' so I wanted to reflect that vintage British theme. I started with a cream/brown mottled cardstock which I added some extra distress ink to the edges of. I then used one of my bottles of Adirondack Alcohol Inks and literally flicked the ink onto my cardstock to create a stained look. The small crown stamp is from a beautiful Kanban stamp sheet of the most fabulous steam punk style outfits (cards to follow soon I hope) and the star is from a clear stamp set by Inkadinkado called 'Rock Star'. The red logos are again traced and then enhanced with a dark red promarker. The picture below shows the 6x4 photo pockets and how I have used them for both photos and journalling.


The purple album will be used for the pictures from my visit to The Making of Harry Potter attraction at Leavesden Studios. I have a ridiculous number of pictures so I'll probably be ready to post some pictures around 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment