Thursday, August 9, 2012

Strictly Party

This is hopefully the start of my "at least one blog a week" challenge- I wonder how many I'll actually manage???

I recently bought the 'Ultimate die-cut pack' from the Papermania 'Strictly Party' range, and I have to say that I love it! RRP is £11.95 but with the voucher in the docrafts magazine, you get it for £10 and it's well worth double that. The pack contains backing papers, decoupage, flat toppers, ribbon borders, alphabets & sentiments in blues, greens, pinks & purples. There is a strong floral theme and the images are very girly but what I like best is that they have a younger feel than most floral themed images. I have so far used just 2 of the die-cut decoupage images with some of the backing papers to make 2 cards that I think are rather beautiful!

Here's the first of them in detail:-
This card is in my prefered style of keeping it really simple and elegant and was therefore a quick card to produce (once I had made up the decoupage topper). I started with an A5 front scallop edge card that I inked with my lovely new 'Picked Raspberry' distress ink (why has it taken them so long to do a bright pink one?!?). The decoupage topper is from the 'Strictly Party' pack and I layered it onto some turquoise matt foil paper that I've had kicking around for years. I chose the flowers (prima) to compliment those on the dress (near the girls hand) and attached them with a deep turquoise brad. The card was finished with a couple of turquoise gems in opposite corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment