Monday, January 14, 2013

Bright & Funky Floral Card- Kanban 'so feminine' & WRMK

I was inspired by the latest challenge from 'The Paper Shelter' http://thepapershelter.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/challenge-94-flower-extra-vaganza.html to make something really bright and fun- perfect for a female birthday.


I started with an 8x8 Craftwork Cards scalloped edge card blank which, for once, I left exactly as it was (no inking, stamping or embossing!). I chose the topper that I wanted to use which is from the Kanban 'celebrate in style' sheet from the 'so feminine' kit. It already had a foiled edge that is a silvery/lilac colour. I then trawled through my vast collection of 12x12 papers to find something that would match the colourway. My 12x12 'Tiffanys' scrapbook pad by We R Memory Keepers was perfect. I chose 4 matching papers, some that used glitter and some that were plain. I cut a 9cm square from each one and joined at the back with double sided tape. I wanted to try something a bit different so I then used some pearlescent tape to go over the joins blending them but also emphasising them too!

I attached my paper square to the card blank using double sided tape and then attached the word topper with 3d foam. I then used my xcut flower punch to punch out 12 flowers from 4 more papers from the WRMK pad- this time I chose plainer papers as patterned ones would get lost on the background. I punched 3 green, 3 pink, 3 blue & 3 brown and used an embossing ball tall to shape them by pushing in the centre of each flower. I attached to flowers to the corners of the paper using PVA glue and then added a glittery centre using 'Star Dust' stickles glitter glue.


This is my first entry into a 'Paper Shelter' challenge but hopefully not my last- I do not yet have any of their beautiful digi stamps but hopefully if I win the challenge then that will change! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment