Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Craftwork Cards Jan 2013 challenge- Let It Snow!

So, this is my first challenge entry and it is for the Craftwork Cards blog- Craftwork Cards 'Let it Snow' challenge. The rules are that you have to stick to the theme and use mostly craftwork cards products- not too tricky for my first go I thought.

So here's my first entry-
I took my inspiration from the challenge theme but also from a commercially bought card that I was sent over Christmas. I was initially worried that I wouldn't have enough Craftwork Cards products to complete the challenge but then remembered that I had some lovely stamps that I hadn't had a chance to use yet- they were perfect.

I started by choosing which Card Candi I wanted to use as I knew this would affect the colour scheme that I was working with. I wanted to go for something a bit unusual so chose a chevron stripe card candi in pink, green & blue. I matched these card candi colours to my distress inks, choosing 'Stormy Sky', 'Shabby Shutters' & 'Spun Sugar'.

I used the 3 distress ink colours with some small snowflake craftwork cards stamps (designed to fit the top of plain card candi) to stamp the background of a 6x6 scalloped card blank. I had used my old 'Stormy Sky' inkpad to create a faded look. I then used my new 'Stormy Sky' inkpad to stamp the 2 large snowflake images both laying slightly off the edge of the card.

I then used my Quickie Glue Pen to go over the stamped design and glittered it with a silver holographic glitter- I tried to make sure that I could still see the stamped outline. I then added the card candi to the spaces in the stamp.

I finished the card off with the 'Let It Snow' message that is another Craftwork Cards stamp that I again inked with the 'Stormy Sky' distress ink. Being a Craftwork Cards stamp, it again had a perfect space for me to add another card candi as the o of snow.

It's a very simple card and is exactly my style- a good starter for my first challenge I think.

1 comment:

  1. Great card Vikki, I've replied to your e mail. Thanks again for entering.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete