Saturday, January 26, 2013

'House of Kanban' templates & Basic Grey 'eerie' paper pad

Entering crafting challenges has really helped me to get back to using some of the products from my stash that haven't seen the light of day for many a month, or year! This weeks Polkadoodles challenge inspired me to get out my Kanban dress templates, some beautiful Basic Grey 'eerie' papers and my sewing stash too.

The challenge was 'stitching and lace' and can be found here http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/week-3-stitching-real-or-faux-and-lace.html. This is my entry into the challenge


The 'lace' element of this card is the net fabric used for the base of the skirt and there is some real stitching (not visible) at the sides helping to create the shape.

I started by drawing round the 'House of Kanban' template onto some black card and then cut it out. I cut a circle of purple net fabric slightly larger than the base section of the dress and used some small tacking stitches to secure it at either side to match the shape of the card. I then used the card as a template to cut the scalloped base into the net fabric. The bodice and top part of the skirt were both cut out from my 6x6 Basic Grey 'eerie' paper pad. The paper sections were attached to the card base with double sided tape and were perfect for hiding the stitches and the top edge of the net.

It was a pretty simple card to put together and also a little bit unusual & 'goth'- a bit like me!

3 comments:

  1. This must be the cutest goth gown in town! (say that fast 3 times LOL!). The net fabric is a pretty addition. Thanks for playing with us at PolkaDoodles. Hope to see you again next week. ... x
    Asha - PolkaDoodles DT
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! What a fabulous design! Thanks for joiniing us at Polka doodles! Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete