Thursday, March 7, 2013

Floral wreath card

I was lucky enough to win a beautiful wreath kit from Craftwork Cards in one of their challenges recently and this is the first time I have used it. Rather than making a wreath though, I have used the components to make a card. I am entering it into the Daring Cardmakers 'colour combo' challenge and Challenges 4 Everybody 'anything goes' challenge.


I started by making up the flowers from the kit and added a little extra card candi to the centres of some of them. To make all of these flowers, I used just 2 sheets from the kit of which there are 8 in total. I attached these to one of the rings from the kit to give me a base and more stability. I then got an 8x8 scalloped edge card and used 2 different Craftwork Cards papers as mats before adding the flower wreath topper. It is my intention to put a simple peel-off sentiment in the centre of the card but have not done so yet as it may be a card for a birthday or mother's day as that is also so close by.

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty i love all the flowers. Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete