Saturday, March 2, 2013

Basic Grey 'Love Owls'


Here is my latest card that I am entering into the Basic Grey 'Anything Goes' challenge and Catch the Bug 'Anything Goes' challenge.

I started this card with the fabulous 'Love Owls' image from Bugaboo. It's an image I used for a project for the Card Makin Mamas design team and I really do love it! I tried to find promarkers/spectrum noirs that matched the colour scheme of the challenge but I was really struggling to find some in my collection so instead I found out my beautiful Basic Grey 'sugared' 6x6 papers as I knew those colours matched the challenge theme and then matched my pens to that instead. I coloured the image using a mix of both promarkers & spectrum noirs but the pink colour didn't really work for me so I ended up blending in some blue & grey to try and get a better match- it really does show just how well alcohol pens will blend. When I had finished the colouring, I trimmed the design down and then inked the edges with 'Frayed Burlap' distress ink. I rounded the corners and then mounted it onto a pink distressed card from the Basic Grey 'sugared' 6x6 paper pad. I then got a floral patterned paper from the same paper pad and trimmed it down just a little to fit on the 6x6 scalloped card blank, I also rounded the corners on this too. I used 3d foam to attach the topper at an angle onto the card.

*I managed to miss the deadline for the Catch the Bug colour challenge but their new challenge is 'Anything Goes' so thankfully I can post it for that challenge instead!*

4 comments:

  1. great card, love the soft coffee colours.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Vikki. Love the image and the pink and coffee work so well together
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty card. thanks for playing along with bugaboo at catch the bug blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Catch The Bug "Anything Goes Challenge” with Bugaboo Stamps! Just loved your card, and hope to see more of your work in future challenges!

    Bugaboo Stamps DT
    Jenn Zeeb

    ReplyDelete