Monday, March 4, 2013

Saturated Canary 'walker girl' zombie with skulls

Here is another new card that I've made to enter the Digital Tuesday 'birthdays' challenge and Saturated Canary 'good vs evil' challenge. I'll let you decide if it's good or evil though!


I love all things a bit gory & gothic so while this card has images some people may find 'evil', I most definitely find it 'good' and it is perfect for a friends birthday, even though it's not until October! This is the first time I have used the 'walker girl' zombie image from Saturated Canary but it was one I bought when I first discovered their wonderful designs. I have also used 'Midnight Spell' papers from DCWV which I have had for ages but not really found a suitable project for them- now I have!

I started by folding a piece of A4 black card into an A5 base and then used one of the DCWV papers as a mat. There is a hidden element to the backing that can not really be seen in the photograph but I have added some very subtle skulls to it. I did this by using some new skull shaped post-it notes that I saw in Wilkos- I cut the eyes, nose & teeth out of the post-it and than stuck it to my card, inking with 'dusty concord' distress ink. As this colour is similar to the original background,  the skulls are not obvious when you look at the card from the front, but as the light shines on the side view, they suddenly appear. It's a bit like that famous painting of Henry VIII that from the front has a blurry splodge in the corner but from the side, it's a skull.

I coloured the SC image with my spectrum noirs and then mounted it onto another paper from the DCWV stack. I mounted this onto the card and then tied some black organza ribbon around the spine. Before tying the bow, I added the metal skull charm so that it would hang from the ribbon freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment