Thursday, September 27, 2012

Kanban 'so feminine' toppers- 'Rock Chick'

Kanban recently bought a fabulous blockbuster to Create & Craft/Ideal World that has some great toppers & backing cards in it. The Blockbuster contains 2 sets- 'so feminine' & 'so macho' (that has to be sung by the way) and may still be available if you check the website. With club discount (& voucher codes in the back of the club magazine) I got the kit and the new autumn 2012 promarker set for less than £35- bargain. It even arrived just 2 days after I ordered it- a-may-zing!

This is the first card that I've made from my favourite topper sheet entitled 'Rock Chick'
This topper sheet has 6 different music themed toppers all in black & white (with a hint of pink). As you can see, I have used just 1 topper to create this card.

I started with an A4 sheet of black card that I folded using the 12cm line on my ScorPal score board. This has given me a slightly off square card with a smaller front flap. I used 2 papers from the DCWV 'Rockstar' 8x8 stack as a mat onto each side of the card. I then mounted the topper onto some Black/Pink Core'dinations 'Black Magic' cardstock that I had distressed the edges of and attached it to the front flap of the card with 3d foam.

I finished the card by placing the 3 black gemstones on the bottom right hand side of the card, tying a black organza bow around the spine and finally attaching the 'Rock & Roll' badge. This is something I've had in my stash for ages and came from Paperchase in a set of 9. I cut the safety pin off the back of the badge using wire cutters so that the badge would lay flat when attached with 3d foam. They cost about £3 for the set and make a really nice bold accent to finish the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment