Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Mulberry Wood reindeers

I'm starting to build a bit of a collection of crafting cd-roms after initially not being such a big fan of them. I've been won over by the idea that once you've got them, you can print as many designs as you want and actually really make them great value for money. I recently got the new Crafters Companion 'Christmas in  Mulberry Wood' cd-rom which is just £14.99 on their website http://www.crafterscompanion.co.uk/. It has all the usual Crafters Companion cd features including backing papers, inserts, decoupage, toppers, writing papers, envelopes & more and has lots of very cute woodland creatures getting ready for Chrismas.

I have used both the backing papers and the decoupage to create this card.
I started with a piece of A4 white card that I cut to make into a square base card. After folding the card into a square, I then folded the front diagonally from bottom left, to top right, to create the twisted easel base card. The backing paper was printed from the cd and then cut into 2 matching squares one for the base of the card and one as the twisted easel topper. I decoupaged the topper and then mounted it onto silver mirror card before attaching to the centre of the topper. I then used some Stickles to add some extra detail to the image. I then used 5 holographic star Card Candi circles to act as the stopper for the card.

If you are making easel cards then Card Candi is a must have and don't forget that you can just buy a white set and colour them with your promarkers or spectrum noirs. Stamping them is also a great way to theme them to your project and there are special Candi Stamps available (I'll hopfullu soon have some pictures to post of the cards I've made with my new set!). You will want all the pre-coloured ones (and patterns, foils etc.) but they are great value anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment