Sunday, September 16, 2012

The London Line 2

This is the second card I've made using the lovely Trimcraft 'The London Line' die-cut decoupage, ribbon and papers.
I started with a bright red A4 sheet of card that I folded into what I call a 'fold back card'. Start by folding the card in half and then fold the front piece back on itself- if you have a scoreboard, score on the half fold and the A4 gatefold lines.

I then took one of the backing papers from the 8x8 paper pack (which is already the perfect height for a card this size) and cut it to layer onto the front panel leaving a small red border. The topper came from the die-cut decoupage pack and is already beautifully glittered. I simply mounted this onto the flap with 3d foam, making sure that I only put the foam onto the left hand side of the topper (as you look at it).

I then took a small piece of the Union Jack heart ribbon and stuck some double sided tape on the back of it to attach over the corner of the card. At this point, I knew that the card was almost finished but I felt that it just needed a finishing touch- Card Candi of course! Problem was that I couldn't decide which colour of candi to use to stand out on the card. Red wouldn't show up on the back, white was a but dull & the blue just didn't look right but a moment of inspiration later, I had the most fabulous card candi ever!!!

Created very simply by starting with a white card candi and using my 'Poppy Red' & 'True Blue' promarkers (with fine point tips attached) to colour the design. It took a pretty steady hand but was worth it- and the pearlescence of the original colour shows through too!

No comments:

Post a Comment