Wednesday, April 3, 2013

pretty in pastel pink

I was recently lucky enough to win 4 Saturated Canary digi-stamps as part of a blog hop. This is the first card I have made using the beautiful 'Double Take' image- if you love it as much as I do then you can find it here.


I started by colouring the 'double take' image using spectrum noirs for her skin and promarkers for her dress & hair. I couldn't decide whether to make her a blonde or a brunette so I ended up going pink instead! I trimmed the image and then mounted it onto a pale pink cardstock from a 12x12 'Sweet Owl' pad by First Edition. I then used another paper from the same 12x12 pad and mounted it onto an 8x8 square card. I attached the topper onto the top right corner of the card and then put the pearl swirl in the bottom left corner. I made this by drawing a swirl onto the card using a stencil and then attching individual Anita's mini-pearls using a quickie glue pen.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Saturated Canary 'pretty pastels'
Crafty Catz 'swirls & pearls'
Challenges 4 Everybody 'anything goes'
Songbird Challenge Blog 'Five Colours In Her Hair!'

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pink creation, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely creation so glad you played along with our challenge this week at CRAFTY CATZ , x carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - a beautiful girly CAS card!
    Thanks so very much for joining us this week at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug Challenge. Good luck in the draw, and please join us again soon!
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    Bugaboo Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet pink CAS-card. Thanks for joining us at Songbird Challenge.
    /Pillan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful soft colours!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Saturated Canary Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at SC this week x

    ReplyDelete