Tuesday, April 30, 2013

New CMM challenge- Washi Tape

There's a brand new challenge over at the Card Makin Mamas blog and this time it's Washi Tape. I'm not a huge fan of washi tape so this was most definitely a challenge for me! I had a look around pinterest to try and find some inspiration and this is what I created...


I started by placing stripes of the tape onto the card in both vertical & horizontal directions. I then used a Sheena Douglas butterfly stamp, with black stazon, straight onto the top of the tape giving me the gappy image (technical term!). I then added the 2 small stamped butterflies using a black versafine ink basically to prove that I can stamp properly when I want to! Really simple and not my most favourite card ever but still pretty effective I think.

If I can manage a washi tape card then so can you so come & join in- you might be a lucky winner!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
MayzyArt 'rainbow'
Pink Elephant 'washi tape'

2 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card! I love the layering of the stamp over the ribbons of color.

    Unfortunately, I'm afraid it doesn't meet the requirements for the MayzyArt challenge. :( I hope that you will enter in the future with other cards!

    ~Mayzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card...love you you used the tape! Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete