Friday, April 5, 2013

Gorjuss 'Up in the Clouds'

I absolutely love the Gorjuss range of products recently bought out by DoCrafts. I treated myself to quite a few of them as soon as they came out and have finally had chance to make another card using them.


This was a really simple card to make although any time I rubber stamp onto a patterned paper I do get heart failure but these stamps are so detailed and beautiful I shouldn't have worried. I chose 2 papers from the 6x6 Gorjuss paper pack both with tones of blue. The distress style paper reminded me of the clouds in a grey sky (not that we've seen many of those recently! ;-D) so I chose to stamp the image of the Girjuss girl sitting with the birds directly onto it. I cut the paper down to 12cm square and then stamped directly with a black Versafine ink pad. I then stamped the sentiment using the same ink. I used my new scallop corner punch to add detail to the edges and then mounted it onto a small silver mirror card mat. I cut the stripe paper as a slightly larger mat, again punching the corners and then attached it all to a 6x6 card base that I also punched the corners of.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Totally Gorjuss 'something blue'
Creative Card Crew 'clouds'

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. great image and card.Thanks for joining our cloudy challenge at Creative Card Crew.
    Hugs Tania (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That image is super cute.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew.
    ~ Crystal (DT)

    ReplyDelete