Monday, April 1, 2013

Dolly Mixtures

The Craftwork Cards stand is always one of my favourites at the NEC as there is always new Card Candi to be had! This year I ended up buying some lovely floral patterned and spotty ones in various colour combos- I'm sure they'll be appearing on some cards on here soon enough. This year I also picked up a bargain set of their new 'Dolly Mixtures' range. It included a 6x6 paper & die-cut pack, dis-cut tickets, 10 lady toppers and a pack of fancy edge 6x6 cards- all for £10. I chose the 'Coleen' papers but the 'Amy' toppers in my set. I've used the topper and elements from the 6x6 pad to make this card.


I started with the topper, which I coloured using a mix of Spectrum Noirs & Promarkers. The dress is paper pieced using a paper from the 6x6 pad and embellished with a matching colour of Card Candi from my stash. I also used Glossy Accents to add shine to the martini glass. When the glossy accents was dry, I mounted the topper onto some silver mirror card and then onto a spotty paper from the 6x6 paper pad. I mounted this onto the bottom corner of the card base. The paper ribbons and hearts both came from the 6x6 pad, as did the flags that I have used to create the bunting at the top of the card. I attached the flags with 3d foam and then used my black promarker to draw on the string. I then used black peel-off letters to spell out 'Happy Birthday'.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely fresh card. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
    Anjie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab card! Tanks for joining us at PD! Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Vikki! Thanks for joining our Paper Piecing challenge at PolkaDoodles. Hope to see you again next week. ... x
    Asha - PolkaDoodles DT
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete