Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Butterfly Tree

Here is the card that I have made for the Daring Cardmakers 'Fly Fly Butterfly' challenge. I am also entering this card into Creative Card Crew 'Birthday' challenge, Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge 'Anything Goes' and Digital Tuesday 'Pink & White' challenge (for the base card & glitter paper colours & the digi-image tree).


I started by printing the tree digi image to A5 size and then trimming to slightly smaller than A5 so that I could mat & layer it. I used distress ink 'mowed lawn' & 'salty ocean' to ink the background & then used 3 different shades of brown promarkers (walnut, cocoa & burnt sienna I think) to colour the tree. I then used some small butterfly stickers that I got from Lakeland when they still did craft stuff- I've not used them for ages but I really love them. I got 3 of each same butterfly and folded them in half so that I could stick them together to create a 3d butterfly. I stuck them all over the tree and the surrounding area. I then mounted my tree image onto a mat of white glitter paper & then put that onto my 'dusky pink' base card.

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous sweetie but it doesn't say Happy Birthday on it. Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us at Creative Card Crew.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment but I vary rarely put a message onto a card until I know precisely who I'm sending it to. If I end up sending it to a friend i'd probably put a pink happy birthday message on it but if I was sending it to an older relative I might be a bit more subtle with silver- I don't like to make the same card twice so I keep my options open instead.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful card! Those butterflies are so cute! Thanks for joining us over at Creative Card Crew this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The butterflies are just stunning. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!

    ReplyDelete