Thursday, February 7, 2013

Kanban 'No Place Like Home'

I recently ordered a brilliant new kit from Kanban which was a blockbuster on Create & Craft. It contains love, wedding, baby & celebration toppers & papers covering a wide range of occasions. I know they will be featuring a lot in my posts over the next few months. The first card I have made from the set uses the 'No Place Like Home' topper sheet and I am entering it into the following challenges- Catch the Bug 'Anything Goes', Stampin' for the Weekend 'Something Metal', and Love to Create 'Let's Celebrate'.


I started this card with an A5 scalloped edge card blank which I inked with 'Spun Sugar' distress ink. I then cut a piece of Papermania 'Regency' paper from an A5 paper pad and rounded the corners to match the base card. The 2 toppers came from the Kanban 'No Place Like Home' topper sheet from the new C&C blockbuster. I attached the main topper with 1 layer of 3d foam pads and the smaller message with 2 layers. Before atatching the message topper, I added a Kanban stamped heart, in 'Shabby Shutter' distress ink, to the topper to link the colour to the backing paper. I then chose 3 ribbons in pink, green & brown and attached them to the top of the card, tying a knot to secure them together. I then added a metal key charm from 'CarftyBitz' onto the ribbon and then tied another knot at the base to secure it. I cut the ribbon to different lengths and allowed this to hang free at the base of the card. I completed the card by adding some 'Platinum' stickles glitter glue onto some of the chains on the main topper.

4 comments:

  1. A lovely card - the topper is great - love the teacup and teapot. Thanks for leaving me a lovely comment. I have become a follower for you and would love if you could do the same for me. Good look with the blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Catch The Bug "Anything Goes” with Bugaboo Stamps! Just loved your card, and hope to see more of your work in future challenges!

    Bugaboo Stamps DT
    Jenn Zeeb

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous. I love the design and the way you have added the key charm looks brilliant
    Thank you for taking part in the Stampin' for the weekend Challenge.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Thank you for joining our Celebration Challenge this week at Love to Create Challenge Blog.
    Ruza, LTC DT

    ReplyDelete