Tuesday, February 19, 2013

SC Purple & Black

My latest card is my absolute favourite- EVER! (I usually do like my newest card best but this is my MOST favourite...)- the reason is, I have used my 2 favourite colours so this card is perfect for me- Would it be a bit weird to send myself a birthday card?


This card also fits with lots of challenge themes this week so I am entering it into the following challenges:-
Saturated Canary 'Love' (as I love the digi image & the colours)
Creatalicious 'L'Amour' (for the reasons above)
Basic Grey 'Favourite' (as I've used my favourite 'eerie' papers)
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog 'favourite colour combo' (purple & black)
Challenges 4 Everybody 'Anything Goes'
Crafty Catz 'bingo' (embossing, flowers & punches)
Polkadoodles 'shabby chic' (distressed edge papers- this is as shabby as I'll ever get!)
Stampin' for the Weekend 'distressed' (sanding of the embossed star cardstock)
Cute Card Thursday 'an eye for detail'

I started with an 8x8 scalloped edge card, which I matted with Craftwork Cards purple star embossed cardstock (from a prize pack!) that I distressed slightly and Basic Grey 'eerie' 6x6 paper (that I punched a star corner into). The main image is a digi stamp from Satuarted Canary (Honey) which I coloured with both Promarkers & Spectrum Noirs. The 3 flowers came from a pack that I picked up cheaply after Christmas so I didn't mind putting 3 on the one card!

16 comments:

  1. Great card, Vikki. 'Honey' is so cute, and you have coloured her beautifully.

    Thanks for joining in the fun at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge,and good luck in the draw.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Vikki! You're right - the colour combo is stunning. Thanks for joining our Shabby Chic challenge at PolkaDoodles. Hope to see you again next week. ... x
    Asha - PolkaDoodles DT
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card Vikki. Thank you for joining us over at Polka Doodles this week and good luck for the challenge. Hugs Clare xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning colour combo Thanks for entering at SFTW this time hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card, perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's a beautiful combo and I need to give it a try as well :) Well done hun

    Good luck and thank you for playing with us at Saturated canary.

    XO
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card. You have coloured the image perfectly. Thank you for joining us over at Creatalicious. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colour combo, one to try for sure!

    Thank you for joining us on Basic Grey Challenges this time,and good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great bday card and the more bday wishes the better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its really pretty hun, your colours are lovely, thanks for joining us at saturated canary, big huggies June xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi sweetie this is a fabulous creation, thank you for joining us at Saturated Canary challenge this time, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colours!! Thanks for sharing with us at SC Challenges! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card. Thanks for joining us at SFTW
    Hugs
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card, thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary this week

    ReplyDelete