Saturday, February 9, 2013

Kanban 'Love Birds'

 This is another card from my new Kanban set and it was made using the 'Love Birds' topper sheet and I am entering it into the Polkadoodles 'Lots of Layers + Pink & Red' challenge, Songbird Challenges 'Hopelessly Devoted to You', The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog '#37-Valentines' and The Pink Elephant 'challenge 185- inspiration photo'


I started with a 6x6 scalloped edge card blank that I inked with my 'Worn Lipstick' distress ink. I then used an A4 paper sheet from the Kanban 'Love & Marriage' paper pad, cutting the cream half into a 14cm square and the pink half into a 11.5cm square. I rounded the corners of the papers before attaching them to the card with double sided tape. I've used a main topper also from Kanban from a topper sheet called 'Love Birds'. I have used the pyramage toppers which has certainly given my cards 'lots of layers'! I rounded the corners of the base image of the topper so that it echoed the papers I had used and the base card shape.

8 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous card, such a sweet image, Thank you for joining in with the cutie pies vaentines challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, great layers. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card, so sweet. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Thanks so much for joining us at The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a sweet card! thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
    Anjie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that image and scalloped card :)

    Thank you for joining us at Songbird Challengeblog :)

    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete